Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fatherhood

Being a father is scary stuff. I wrote a previous post and I had a lot of misinterpretations. So I have deleted it. I don't want to think of Rufus as a burden. I think of fatherhood as life long bungee jumping. Up's and downs but one hell of a ride. I know I will love it. We keep trying to set a wedding date but both of us keep getting more and more busy. We will make time in the next month to go to the courthouse. Wow, am I a romantic or what? Thats all for now folks, I'll be back soon for another post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is the Fatherhood blog?? I thought it was very good. It is hard to become a parent, the responsibility is huge. However...you were MADE to be a parent.
Everything you need to be a great DAD is right there in you. Heck you already Love your baby...the rest comes natural. There will be disappointments along the way. Mostly lots of wonderful memories, hugs and kisses, and lots of diapers.
The little hippo on your shoulder loves to be there. He will always want to climb up there, mostly for fun. Your little ones are always with you, even if they live far away. Your heart will carry a burden for them until you die.
I had 4 kids and would do it again in a heart-beat. Mostly it is over now. I am Grandma now, but it feels good and I love all of them so very much. I can't wait to meet little Rufus, oh boy are we gonna spoil that kid! We had to wait a long time for that little one!